[vtkusers] why vtkQuartzImageWindow.c has disappeared

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at uwo.ca
Mon Jun 17 10:42:28 EDT 2002

The Quartz classes were replaced with Carbon and Cocoa classes, since
these are the names of the two different APIs to the Quartz Window
Manager. I recommend building with the Carbon classes (option is set as
default in CMakeCache.txt) since (currently) its integration with
Apple's agl is better, so that fonts can be used in OpenGL graphics
context using the aglUseFont call rather than using some CoreGraphics
keniptions.

Also, the Carbon API is accessible from C/C++ without needing to include
ObjC calls, so the new files are .cxx files rather than .mm

Yves