[vtkusers] How to generate TimerEvents

Jeff Lee jeff at cdnorthamerica.com
Thu Jun 13 12:20:24 EDT 2002

I am working on spiffing up vtkPanel with vtkGenericInteractor
capability - it allows you to use any vtkInteractorStyle and 3d widgets
as well.  It also contains protection from java's multithreading which
is what you are experiencing now.  I'll notify when it is ready.
 Basically, you can't call vtkRenderWindowInteractor.Render()
arbitrarily like that in java - it must be wrapped with appropriate
mutex locks to avoid the asynchronous errors in X.
-Jeff