[vtkusers] java wrapping - vtkPanel error

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Jun 6 14:17:30 EDT 2002

I just rebuilt vtk4 from cvs update with Java (jre 1.3.1) wrapping. Everything
works except if I try to use vtkPanel, when compiling SimpleVTK example code I
get this error. I recompiled vtkPanel just to make sure it was current. Just
learning java so be nice....

P:\>javac SimpleVTK.java
SimpleVTK.java:19: cannot access vtkPanel
bad class file: p:\wincvs\vtk40\vtkbin\java\vtkPanel.class
class file contains wrong class: vtk.vtkPanel
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
    vtkPanel renWin = new vtkPanel();
    ^
1 error

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong...this used to work okay....john