[vtkusers] CMake version 1.4 beta released

K.R.Subramanian krs at cs.uncc.edu
Wed Jun 5 14:21:26 EDT 2002

Ken Martin wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> There is a beta version of CMake 1.4 available for your inspection.
> You can download the windows binary at www.cmake.org/CMSetupBeta.exe
> and UNIX source tar files can be found at
> www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html Please let us know what issues you
> run into so that we can address them prior to the 1.4 release.

When I recently build vtk4.1.1 on my SGI IRIX 6.5, there was one problem; the Makefiles
that were generated generated the following CC commands..

CC  ...........stuff deleted......    -I\ /usr/include/python-1.5/............  etc..

Everytime the compilation started for python in each subdirectory, this would stop
and I had to go and touch up the Makefile by removing the \  and the space  characters in
the above. Pretty annoying. I am pretty sure I gave the right pathname for python to
cmake -i

Under linux, I had no problem building the same source.

    -- krs