[vtkusers] using selection loop and vtkClipPolyData

Sebastien_MARAUX maraux at ondim.fr
Wed Jun 5 05:11:07 EDT 2002

Hello,

About vtkPolyData :

I thought vtkPolyData was able to clip properly a polydata
and to create new triangles when needed.

It seems with my results that it is not the case, because my
vtkClipPolyData output holes when it should not.

I use it with selection loop, to extract pieces such as city area
on a Digital elevation/terrain model. The elevation model
being complete on the study area, I expected the area extracted
to be exactly the city area in 3D.

instead it output some triangles which does not match correctly
borders, creating holes for example between city areas.

Do you have any clue about how to correct this ?

Thanks in advance

Sebastien MARAUX