[vtkusers] [Q] CMake gurus and Mac OS X

Michael Norton mnorton at cisco.com
Sat Jun 1 23:03:30 EDT 2002

hi,

I put the following configurations into my CMakeCache.txt:

// set path to the tcl.h header file
TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers

// set path to Tcl libraries
TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Tcl

// set the path to the tk.h header file
TK_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers

// set the path to the Tk libraries
TK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Tk

I have the following development paths:

/CMake
/Develop/VTK
/Develop/osxBin

The CMakeCache.txt file resides in /Develop/osxBin/CMakeCache.txt
I make the edit as above then run cmake

[localhost:/Develop/osxbin] michaeln% cmake ../VTK

cmake executes and modifies the entries I made to this:

//What is the path where the file tcl.h can be found
TCL_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/usr/local/include

// set path to Tcl libraries
TCL_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Tcl

//Path to a program.
TCL_TCLSH:FILEPATH=/usr/local/bin/tclsh

// set the path to the tk.h header file
TK_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers

// set the path to the Tk libraries
TK_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=-framework Tk

//Path to a program.
TK_WISH:FILEPATH=NOTFOUND

Note I do have a /usr/local/include but I want to build a carbon rev and
not X11. I have two flavors of TclTk installed. One for X11 and one for
Carbon. As you can see I am specifying the carbon header and lib. How do I
STOP cmake from replacing my carbon PATH and FILEPATH with the X11 one it
is discovering?

So whazzzsup???

later,,,

Mike N.