[vtkusers] problems with python and cvs vtk

Magnus Hagdorn Magnus.Hagdorn at glg.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 05:23:42 EDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     >> Another common reasion is when the VTK libraries appear more
>     >> than once in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Please check on this.
>     >>
>     MH> cheers again for your reply. i think something is not right
>     MH> when using setup.py for installing python modules. i solved
>     MH> the problem by pointing the pythonpath to:
>     MH> /usr/local/VTK/Wrapping/Python:/usr/local/VTK/bin
>
> Could you do the make install and then run python setup.py from inside
> Wrapping/Python and tell us how it goes?  We can try to iron out any
> bugs in the script.

yup, this is what i did:i run setup.py after make install. i had to change
permissions vtk.pth. it created the sym links, etc. i double checked there
is only one set of libvtk*Python.so in my library path. the odd thing is
that some of the example programs work, i.e. the ones with the graphic
primitives like cone, etc. it also loads the vtk module just fine. i am
quite puzzled since it does work when i change the python path. maybe not
all required files are copied. i shall investigate that and let you know
what's going on.

cheers
magi

-------------