[vtkusers] Help

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Jul 30 22:38:48 EDT 2002

    XhX>   1.What is the relationship between VTK and opengl? Is VTK
    XhX> built on top of opengl? Can I use opengl libraries in VTK?

VTK uses opengl.  Yes, and yes.  The last yes might take a little work
but I've seen posts of folks on this list who have done this -
i.e. call their own OpenGL routines while simultaneously using VTK.

    XhX> 2.Which one is easier for visualization?

Actually, it depends on what you need to do but if its anything that
to do with visualization, VTK is definitely *far* easier to use (for
most of us).

prabhu