[vtkusers] problems with python and cvs vtk

Magnus Hagdorn Magnus.Hagdorn at glg.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jul 30 09:11:24 EDT 2002

thanks for the quick reply

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Charl P. Botha wrote:

> Did you build the python 2.1 on your system by yourself?  The error above
> sometimes happen if there's a version mixup with the development and dynamic
> environment.

no it's the suse 7.3 packages:
python-2.1.1-45
python-devel-2.1.1-45
they are compiled with GCC 2.95.3 which i also used for compiling vtk

> Another common reasion is when the VTK libraries appear more than once in
> your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Please check on this.
no, /usr/local/lib/vtk is not in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf

i used setup.py in VTK/Wrapping/Python to install the python modules in
the standard python path.

btw, it still doesn't work :-)
cheers
magi