[vtkusers] How to know a SGI workstation's graphics card support for 3D texture mapping

Praveen Bhaniramka praveenb at gauri.engr.sgi.com
Sun Jul 28 19:01:14 EDT 2002

Hi Jianlong,

Use glxinfo, and search for EXT_texture3D in the list of OpenGL
extensions.

>From within an application, at runtime, you can do the same by using
glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS) and searching for EXT_texture3D in the output
string.

Cheers,
Praveen

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Jianlong Zhou wrote:

> hi, all,
> How to know a SGI workstation's graphics card support for 3D texture
> mapping? I use "hinv" to test this. But there is no information about 3D
> texture mapping. Is there anyone know how to get this information?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> JL

Praveen Bhaniramka               Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
praveenb at sgi.com                 Advanced Graphics Division
(650)933-1785                    Silicon Graphics, Inc.