[vtkusers] tcl and segmentation fault

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 25 17:06:24 EDT 2002

In running the vtk examples ( VTK/Examples/Rendering/Tcl/cylinder.tcl in
particular) my tcl interpreter
gives a segmentation fault when I exit the program via the "q" or "e"
keyboard commands in the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor. I am running VTK4.0 with RedHat Linux 7.2. Has
anyone else seen
this sort of behavior? The examples work just fine except I get a
segmentation violation when I
quit. It just happens with tcl. The Cxx cylinder example does not seg fault
when I quit. I am
seeing version 8.2 of tcl in the /usr/libs directory. Perhaps a tcl version
problem?

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu