[vtkusers] error messages: Mac OSX build..

K.R.Subramanian krs at cs.uncc.edu
Fri Jul 19 15:33:51 EDT 2002

Yves Starreveld wrote:

> Bill is right.
>
> I just checked in changes to CMake and VTK which will properly set the
> correct frameworks depending on the setting of the USE_COCOA and
> USE_CARBON variables.

Thanks, this helped a lot and we were able to build cmake and vtk on MAC OSX.

We are having some difficulties in compiling our application - then I tried compiling
one of the examples (SGrid). Durign the linking phase, we get a ton of linker  messages
related to GL.

Qn: There seem to be 2 GL libraries, one under /usr/X11R6/lib and another under
/System/Library....... (really long path).. the system seems to want to use the latter.
I suspect the GL under X11R6 is what we want to use, but how do you override it
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH didnt seem to have much effect.

Its really difficult to say, since the 'ldd' command doesnt seem to be available under
FreeBSD,
to check the actual libraries linked by the application. Any suggestions?

Anyhow, after those ton of messages, it did build  SGrid executable and it brought up
the window and the actor - but the window refuses to become active, so that no mouse
interaction is possible.

I know some of these questions are beyond the scope fo this group, but hopefully some Mac
user can respond.

Thanks.

    -- krs