[vtkusers] Extracting a Slice from a volume in different orientation

cspl affable at hd2.dot.net.in
Thu Jul 18 06:59:42 EDT 2002

Dear Friends,

How to extract a slice from volume in different orientation like sagital,axial,frontal.I am using vtkimageclip ,but I am not getting exact output.what should I do.If u know please give me suggestion

I have written code as follows.

 vtkImageReader *reader=vtkImageReader::New();
 reader->ReleaseDataFlagOff();
 reader->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();
 reader->SetDataExtent(0,255,0,255,1,93);
 reader->SetFilePrefix("c:\\dicomfiles\\download\\");
 reader->SetFilePattern("%s%d.raw");
 reader->SetDataMask(0x7fff);

 vtkImageClip *clip = vtkImageClip::New();
 clip->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
 clip->SetOutputWholeExtent(10,10,0,255,0,92);
 clip->ClipDataOn();
 clip->ReleaseDataFlagOff();

 vtkImageViewer *viewer=vtkImageViewer::New();
 viewer->SetInput(clip->GetOutput());
 viewer->SetZSlice(10);
 viewer->SetColorWindow(1000);
 viewer->SetColorLevel(500);