[vtkusers] how to send a vtk object through network

Song Li lisong at vrac.iastate.edu
Wed Jul 17 20:09:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

  I am working on a network application which need to send a "vtkActor" by socket, but

using "sizeof" I found that the "vtkActor" object itself only has 220 bytes, and it contains

ASCII information about this "vtkActor" object's properties, so how to send the "real"

data ?? is there any handy function call or I need to work with those ASCII infos???

  Thanks in advance!!!

--
Song Li
VRAC(Virtual Reality Application Center),Iowa State University
Email: lisong at vrac.iastate.edu
Homepage: http://www.vrac.iastate.edu/~lisong