[vtkusers] SetScalarRange() problem

Kevin Wright krw at viz-solutions.com
Wed Jul 17 15:18:04 EDT 2002

>I was setting up my code with
>
>mapper->SetScalarRange(0.0, dens_max*1.1)
>
>where dens_max is the maximum density value throughout the entire field
>and they vary, say between 0 and 5.2. However my plot remained uni-color
>which would relate to a constant density field.
>What did i mess up? is there another way to modfy the sensitivity of the
>scalar range plotting small ranges like 0...5?

Generally, when you get a solid color, its not because the density is
constant, but rather off the scale.  One possibility I could suggest is
that dens_max is not what you think it is.  If it happened to be, for the
sake of argument, 0.0, then you'd get that solid color you're seeing.

Just one possibility.

Kevin.