[vtkusers] how to use gprof/gcov with vtk

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Wed Jul 17 06:50:45 EDT 2002

Mathieu,

  If you are on a Linux system, use "info gcc" and search for gcov and/or gprof.  Otherwise, use
Google to search for these programs.

  If you are using Dart, you'll need to add/modify these lines to your CMakeCache.txt file:

//Flags used by CXX compiler
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-ftemplate-depth-64 -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -Wall

//C compiler flags
CMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING= -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage

"-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage" is what makes gcov work.  You'll also need to do a "Coverage" step
in your Dart command line, after "Test"

-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.
blezek at crd.ge.com
Visualization and Computer Vision Lab, Imaging Technologies
GE Global Research Center