[vtkusers] 'make install' issues

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Jul 16 23:16:52 EDT 2002

[make install errors]

    CW> 1) Does not correctly move many of the C++ header files --
    CW> tried to move files with extension *.cxx.h instead of
    CW> *.h. Example:

This is a CMake bug I think.  Should be fixed in a recent CMake
snapshot or will be shortly fixed.  Upgrade CMake and try.

    CW> 2) Does not move the file vtkpython.py to (install
    CW> prefix)/lib/vtk. So any python scripts need to still reference
    CW> files in the source tree.

To install the Python stuff you should first do the make install and
then cd to the Wrapping/Python directory and run

python setup.py install

This is an experimental setup.py script and thus far seems to work
under Win32 and Linux.  There still are issues that need to be
addressed and I'll look at them in a while.

Cheers,
prabhu