[vtkusers] Bug in vtkOBJReader?

Alia aks01 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Tue Jul 16 11:07:15 EDT 2002

Hello,

I am using vtkOBJReader to read in some surface maps of faces.

However when I edit the maps and save them (still in the .obj format)
they arent getting read in anymore.

The only difference pre and post editing is that the edited files have
vertex normals (vn) in.  (sample follows mail).

Is there a way of getting the OBJreader to
display these files short of deleting all the new information?

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Ta.

Alia

Original file format
v 114.782 314.598 227.009
v 120.816 314.425 228.232
...etc
vt 0.569703 0.475957
vt 0.590306 0.475549
...etc
f 229/229 256/256 257/257
f 229/229 257/257 230/230
...etc

Edited file format
v 114.782 314.598 227.009
v 120.816 314.425 228.232
...etc
vn 0.662151 0.00333427 0.749363
vn -0.870313 -0.0749754 0.486759
...etc
vt 0.569703 0.475957
vt 0.590306 0.475549
...etc
f 229/229 256/256 257/257
f 229/229 257/257 230/230
...etc

To lift an autumn hair is no sign of great strength;
To see the sun and moon is no sign of sharp sight;
To hear the noise of thunder is no sign of a quick ear.
-Sun Tzu on The Art Of War

(its a herd of elephants seen from VERY far away)