[vtkusers] Mac OS X related questions

Raphael Sebbe sebbe at multitel.be
Tue Jul 16 10:01:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

you can compile VTK using the Cocoa backend instead of Carbon. Just run
cmake -i, say OFF to Carbon and ON to Cocoa. You'll have to edit some
Makefiles manually to add -framework Cocoa in the link step.

It definitely works from a Cocoa application and from what I've seen so
far, it should even be possible (perhaps tricky) to add a VTK view
inside a custom window. You just have to use Objective C++ files (.mm,
instead of regular .m ObjC files) and make the appropriate calls, as:

vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
  iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

Raphael Sebbe