[vtkusers] Mac OS X related questions

Drew McCormack cormack at chem.vu.nl
Tue Jul 16 05:47:59 EDT 2002

I've just installed VTK on Mac OS X, and am looking forward to learning
it. I had a few questions I was hoping I could get answered:

1) VTK works under Carbon or X-windows, but does anyone know if anyone
is working on integrating it with Cocoa? Is it possible to take the VTK
output and display it in a cocoa window?

2) Is there support in VTK for exporting movies, for example in one or
other MPEG format? Is there any support for Quicktime? If not, how do
people make movies with VTK? Do they just grab the screen while the VTK
animation is running?

I guess some of these questions would be answered in a text book, which
is next on my list of things to buy, but the OS X related questions
probably aren't. I'd be much obliged to anyone that can fill me in.

Thanks,
Drew

  Dr. Drew McCormack (Kmr. R153)
  Afd. Theoretische Chemie