[vtkusers] Re: [Insight-users] Documentation for the Algorithms??

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 12 08:47:22 EDT 2002

Hi Zein,

Most of the documentation for algorithms is available
through the Doxygen pages. Some algorithms have more
detailed documentation than other though.

Most of the algorithms implemented in ITK are taken
from the literature and for this reason you will usually
find just a reference to a paper and some indications
of how to manage the algorithm parameters.

More than pretending to develop new techniques, ITK is
intended to provide in a unified platform, well proved
methodologies. This follows better the philosophy of
being a "toolkit"

Are you interested in any algorithm in particular ?

Please let us know, we could probably point you to
particular references.

   Thanks

      Luis