[vtkusers] ParallelIso w/ MarchingCubes

David Jackson djackson at scs.carleton.ca
Wed Jul 10 17:02:44 EDT 2002

Hi, I'm trying to do something similar to the example program
ParallelIso.cxx but  I'd like to use vtkMarchingCubes instead of
vtkContourFilter.  When I modify ParallelIso.cxx to use Marching cubes
it gives strange results.  The pieces of the mesh from the different
processes aren't appended properly.  They tend to overlap.  It seems to
be a bug because I think vtkContourFilter and vtkMarchingCubes should
work the same way.  I'd really like to use MarchingCubes because it's
much faster.  Any suggestions?