[vtkusers] UnsatisfiedLinkError on windows

Carlos Martínez Burgos cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Wed Jul 10 04:59:22 EDT 2002

Hello.

Yesterday I installed the nightly version of VTK on windows. First the
core and then the java wrapper. The java wrapper didn't include the
vtk.jar file or .java files so I copied it from my linux installation.

Then, I tried to compile my application and all was ok but when I tried to
run it I got a UnsitisfiedLinkError, because it couldn't find the native
dll libraries. I added their path to the PATH variable and there was no
change. I copied them to the program path and was the same. The same
happened with the SimpleVTK program.

I don't know if I have installed VTK properly because I work on linux with
the linux version. Now, I have to run my program on windows and this
happens. Could somebody tell me what can I do to run VTK on windows with
Java?

Thanks.

Carlos Martínez Burgos      |     Instituto Tecnológico de Informática
Ingeniero Informático       |      Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Tlf: +34 963877237          |                        Camí de Vera, S/N
cmarbur at iti.upv.es          |                   46071 Valencia - Spain
www.iti.upv.es/~cmarbur     |                           www.iti.upv.es