[vtkusers] Re: [Insight-users] How to start a new ITK project in Visual c++???

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 8 10:37:40 EDT 2002

Hi Zein,

You can find instructions about how to setup a new VC++ project
in the document:

      Insight/Documentation/VC_Custom_Projects.doc

However, the recomended way to create a new project is to write
your own CMakeList.txt file and let CMake create the VC++
project file for you.

That will save you a lot of coffee and time !

You may want to look at the example in:

    Insight/Examples/SampleProject

It is a minimal example of how to write a CMakeLists.txt file
for a project intented to be used outside the ITK source tree.

    Luis