[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindow Error: diDrdLuDecomposition () in oglSUNWcore.so.4 library

Anwar Upal upal at me.queensu.ca
Thu Jul 4 18:52:07 EDT 2002

I am using VTK3.2 on a Sun Ultra 10 workstation and I am using the g++
compiler.  I have a structure similar to the following code rendering some
actors.

   vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren;
   vtkRenderWindow* renWindow;
   renWindow = vtkRenderWindow::New();
       sceneRender1 = vtkRenderer::New();
       renWindow->AddRenderer(sceneRender1);
   iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
   iren->SetRenderWindow(renWindow);

   renWindow->Render();

I get the following error at the last line of the above code i.e. at
renWindow->Render().  The renderwindow comes up but then crashes without
completing the rendering process.

         0xfd456ba8 in diDrdLuDecomposition ()
                 from
/usr/openwin/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/GL/oglSUNWcore.so.4

I have not idea why this error would come up.  All ideas are welcome.  If
you require further information then please email me.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Anwar M. Upal, BEng - Mechanical Engineering
MSc Student - Biomedical Engineering
Human Mobility Research Centre
Queen's University
Phone: (613) 533-6737