[vtkusers] flux calculation

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Jul 3 11:37:24 EDT 2002

You will have to write your own filter. I can't see how it
can be done using the existing vtk filters. It shouldn't
be too hard though. I would create a filter which takes a
dataset and a polydata as inputs, interpolate the velocity
on the polydata, compute the normal velocity, multiply it
with the area of the cell etc etc. You might want to look
at the implementations of vtkProbeFilter and vtkMassProperties
to see how some of the things I mentioned can be done.