[vtkusers] vtkPlaneWidget and picking

Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen rrp at imm.dtu.dk
Wed Jul 3 07:37:53 EDT 2002

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Charl P. Botha wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:43:06AM +0200, Rasmus Reinhold Paulsen wrote:
> > I have used this new ultra-cool vtkPlaneWidget and are now facing a tiny
> > problem. How do I make it "unpickable". A standard actor have the
> > PickableOff method, but I can not find anything similar for the widgets.
>
> Hmmm, if you mean that one can still pick the actors which make up the
> planewidget, e.g. the spheres at the corners: it's not possible to
> deactivate picking of these yet.

That is exactly what I mean. I am making a small surface annotation tool
where I can place points and planes indicating anatomical features. It
would therefore be nice to be able to see all the points and planes but
not be able to pick them, since they are just markers.

The points are actors and therefore I can just set PickableOff.

Thanks for the swift reply,
Rasmus