[vtkusers] Filling empty circles

Satheesh Maheswaran s.maheswaran at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 2 08:47:48 EDT 2002

Hi All

I am trying to fill some circles using vtk, I use vtk with Java on a
Windows XP platform

I have a 3 D scene with lots of spheres.  All spheres have a colour
property assigned to them.  All of this works fine and I use vtkCutter
to slice my 3D scene and my problem is when the scene is sliced, I only
get the outer ring of my circle coloured as expected.  I would like
colour the whole circle with the assigned colour of the sphere as in the
3D scene.

Does anyone know how I can go about doing this or point me to some
example in vtk.

Satheesh

Here is the code that does it

glyph.SetColorModeToColorByScalar();
                        glyph.SetScaleModeToDataScalingOff();
                        glyph.SetInput(data);
                        glyph.SetSource(sphere.GetOutput());

glyph.GetOutput().GetPointData().SetScalars(color);

                        plane = new vtkPlane();
                        plane.SetOrigin(105,1,105);
                        plane.SetNormal(0,0,1);

                        cutEdges = new vtkCutter();
                        cutEdges.SetInput(glyph.GetOutput());
                        cutEdges.SetCutFunction(plane);

                        map.SetInput(glyph.GetOutput());
                        cells_actor.SetMapper(map);

                        clippedMapper.SetInput(cutEdges.GetOutput());
                        clippedActor.SetMapper(clippedMapper);