[vtkusers] Compile Abstract Class for Tcl

Brad Lowekamp blowek1 at mailserver-ng.cs.umbc.edu
Mon Jul 1 16:29:50 EDT 2002

I am trying to compile an abstact class and generate the TCL bindings for
the derived classes. I have indicated that it is an abstract class in my
CMakeList file by adding the following option to the base myVTK file:

ABSTRACT_FILES(
myAbstractClass
)

I have tried it both with the file extention and with out. Either way the
TCL parser tries to create a NewCommand for the class and then the
compiler gives and error because my abstract class does not have a New
function. This option seem to be what was uses in VTK to create an
abstract class. What am I missing? What do I need to do to get to work?

Thanks,
Brad