[vtkusers] SetWindowID not in Java wrappers?

Christopher Navarro cnavarro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 1 15:25:31 EDT 2002

I was looking at the vtkRenderWindow class and the vtkJavaAwt.h file that
is essentialy used by vtkPanel class (ie it uses RenderCreate() , etc
) and I was wondering why SetWindowId is not part of the java wrappers?
What I mean is if I have a java frame I would like to render to, I
could use the awt native interface to get the drawing surface info, return
that frames Id, and then set the RenderWindow's ID to the frames ID.  Has
this been looked at and found to difficult to do or am I completely wrong
here?  It looks like the vtkJavaAwt.h (written in C), creates
native calls that can be used by the vtkPanel class to send it a
RenderWindow Id for it to render.  I would like to do something similar
to what vtkPanel does except return the drawing surface info once it is
obtained and then set the RenderWindow ID to that ID and render it.

-chris