[vtkusers] Telling cmake what compiler to use

Phil Cook p.cook at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 1 10:55:56 EDT 2002

According to the readme:

	It is a very good idea to tell cmake what C and C++ compilers you will be
	using. This can avoid many build problems. On most systems you can pass this
	information to configure in the following way:

	env CXX=/your/C++/compiler CC=/your/c/compiler cmake

	otherwise you must set CXX and CC in your environment and then run ccmake
	(or cmake -i).

I have tried this but CMake seems unaffected. I do

	setenv CXX /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC
	setenv CC /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

and then run cmake -i, but it doesn't seem to have any impact on the options
I'm presented with. The default CXX is still c++, and all the compiling /
linking defaults are for GNU.

I've also tried

	setenv CXX CC
	setenv CC cc

but the same thing happens.

What is setting these variables meant to do to CMake? Should it produce
correct CC/cc type compile flags?

Thanks,

Phil