[vtkusers] How to use vtkFieldDataFilter ?(Peng Liang)

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Jan 31 10:30:43 EST 2002

Peng,

ImageReader should work.....if your data is in one file try this approach.

vtkImageReader reader
   reader DebugOn
   reader SetFileName "Dik0_vv.vox"
   reader SetFileDimensionality 3
   reader SetDataExtent 0 1760 1 1024 0 255  ----- the last number is the # of slices you have
   reader SetDataOrigin 0 0 0
   reader SetDataScalarTypeToUnsignedChar
#  reader SetDataMask 0x7fff
   reader SetDataSpacing 18.88 17.76 18.88 ----- theses are your voxel dimensions
#  reader SetDataByteOrderToBigEndian
   reader SetHeaderSize 280  --------if you have a header this lets you skip over it

 If it is slice files, then you will need to use this instead of SetFileName

   reader SetFilePrefix C:/Mydata/ctslice
   reader SetFilePattern %s%03d.dat

if the file names are for example C:/Mydata/ctslice001.dat    ctslice002.dat etc.

...john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: "wolfweed" <wolfweed at sina.com>@public.kitware.com on 01/31/2002 12:58 PM
ZE8

         "wolfweed" <wolfweed at sina.com>           To:   <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
                    @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                          Subject:      [vtkusers] How to use
                                               vtkFieldDataFilter ?(Peng Liang)
                               Sent by:
      vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                    01/30/2002 11:58 PM

Hello
  I'm a greener to VTK so I need your help.I  want to read slice
data(1760*1024*8bit) by vtkFieldDataFilter.Although it is  introduced simplely
in the VTK User's Guide, I can't find it in VTK.Can you  teach me how to use it
? In addition,I have tried to read these data by  vtkImageReader and
vtkStructuredPointsReader,but failed.Can you give me some  advice on how to
read these data ?

  thanks
Peng Liang