[vtkusers] Question about where to find documentation

William R. Oliver oliver at afip.org
Wed Jan 30 09:06:23 EST 2002

I am finally sitting down and trying to teach myself vtk, and
am at the point of tinkering with the Examples to add functionality
(for instance, adding a thresholder and a couple more scales
to the Histogram example to allow interactive thresholding).

I have noticed a *lot* of commands that I cannot find documentation --
such as BindTkImageViewer or BindTkRenderWidget or GetWidgetVariableValue.

For instance, in the HistogramWidget.tcl example there is
the command:

proc HistogramWidgetRender {widget} {
   set accumulate [GetWidgetVariableValue $widget Accumulate]
}

As far as I can figure, neither GetWidgetVariableValue nor
Accumulate are Tcl commands (but my command of Tcl is *also* sparse),
they are not listed in the User's Guide index, and I cannot find any
VTK documentation of them.

Perusing the automated documentation doesn't seem to help; as far as
I can tell they aren't part of a documented class (or at least
I can't tell what class they are a part of).

I have found a few by scanning the User's Guide, but thumbing
through a book at random is an inefficient way of finding information.

Is there an implied class here I am missing that GetWidgetVariableValue
is a method in?

Is there a full list somewhere of these kinds of commands?

Thanks!

billo

William R Oliver, MD

For PGP public key, send email to oliver at afip.org