[vtkusers] How can I draw the vtkStructuredGrid faster?

Yao Jifeng crazyyao at mail.rdcps.ac.cn
Tue Jan 29 21:20:09 EST 2002

I asked the same question yesterday, but it seems that my letter
was not encoded right. So I have to send it again.

What I want to visualize is some structured grid data.  I found a example
(graphics\examplesTcl\warpComb.tcl) and I follow almost the same steps:

vtkStructruedGrid->vtkStructuredGridGeometryFilter->vtkAppendPolyData
->vtkPolyDataNormals->vtkPolyDataMapper->vtkActor.

The window and interactor codes are stolen from the vtk MFC sample.

When I move mouse on the screen to rotate the scene, it works very slow. But the grid
size is not big (no more than 200*100*100) and  I only draw 6 planes of the whole
grids. I disabled all the smooth functions, and it turns a litter faster, which is
still too slow to bear.   Are there some other switchs or tips?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

crazyyao
R&D Center for Parallel Software, Beijing ,China