[vtkusers] Need help to develope project in Blood Flow Visualization

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Jan 28 11:13:21 EST 2002

There was an example in vtk3.2 of blood flow visualization: animVectors.tcl with the associated data files carotid.vtk, vecAnim1.vtk, vecAnim2.vtk... vecAnim8.vtk.

I'd say the easiest way (if you haven't installed vtk3.2) to get the above files is through cvsweb:

animVectors.tcl -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtk/graphics/examplesTcl/animVectors.tcl
carotid.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/carotid.vtk
vecAnim1.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim1.vtk
vecAnim2.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim2.vtk
vecAnim3.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim3.vtk
vecAnim4.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim4.vtk
vecAnim5.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim5.vtk
vecAnim6.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim6.vtk
vecAnim7.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim7.vtk
vecAnim8.vtk -> http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/vtkdata/vecTex/vecAnim8.vtk

You'll obviously have to install vtk with tcl wrappering to run animVectors.tcl ( http://public.kitware.com/VTK/get-software.php ). lt should run OK with vtk4.0 aswell as vtk3.2 (just had a quick look at the tcl script but might be mistaken). If you are using vtk4.x just change 'set VTK_DATA "../../../vtkdata" ' -> ' set VTK_DATA "c:/vtkdata" ' or something similar. c:/vtkdata should contain carotid.vtk and the vecTex subdirectory.

HTH,

Goodwin
University College Dublin