[vtkusers] programmed animation in VTK

Sidney Cadot sidney at v2e.nl
Thu Jan 24 06:43:08 EST 2002

Hi all,

  Being a newbie in VTK, I have a question which is probably rather silly
but still I fail to see how it should be done from the manual and the
web-pages...

I have a 3D data-set of which I take 2D slices (using vtkExtractVOI) which
I texture-map onto a sphere. Now I'd like to do a timed loop in order to
move the Volume Of Interest slice through the 3D data set (say, once per
second). Only thing is, I don't see how I can easily do this while using
the vtkRenderWindowInteractor, since at this point I'm in the
Start() member function which implements an event loop...

  Is there an easy solution to this? (FYI: I'm using C++).

Best regards,

  Sidney Cadot