[vtkusers] Decimation of a polygon

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Wed Jan 23 16:36:48 EST 2002

Sonia, If I recall, the binaries do not have the patented classes built (and I
think vtkDecimate is one) You can try vtkDecimatePro which is not in the
patented classes and should be in the binaries or you will have to build from
the source code and include the patented classes in the cmake options....john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

From: sonia specher <sonia_specher at yahoo.fr>@public.kitware.com on 01/23/2002
08:31 PM CET

      sonia specher <sonia_specher at yahoo.fr>           To:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                         @public.kitware.com           Cc:    (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                               Subject:      [vtkusers] Decimation of a polygon

 Sent by:  vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                         01/23/2002 02:31 PM

Good morning !
I've downloaded vtk40Tcl.exe wich contains the vtk
libraries and include files, and vtk40Src.zip wich
contains the source code of vtk.
I want to decimate a polygon that i've put on a
vtkPolyData ( i can visualise it, so the polygon is
really on the vtkPolyData !! ), but when i declare a
vtkDecimate object and initialise it with the New()
method, Visual C++ don't find the method to initialise
the object during the linking edition.
I have added the path where are situated the libraries
of vtk to the settings of my project, and i've added
too the path of the include files.
So wich library contains the vtkDecimate class ?

All suggestions are welcome !
And thanks a lot for taking time to read me !
Sonia.

PS : sorry for my english and my miss of knowledge on
programmation ! But i work for it !!!