[vtkusers] simple 2D plot data set

Robert Ellis Parrott parrott at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 23 14:10:39 EST 2002

I'd like to plot simple 2D data, essentially scalar properties of a system
as it evolves over time (energy, temp, etc. ), sorta like a strip-chart.

I understand that vtkXYPlotActor is probably the way to go. However, I'd
appreciate insight into what VTK data structure I should put this evolving
data, essentially iteration #/time versus scalar value like energy,
temperature, etc. Ideally, I'd like to plot a number of these scalar
properties on the same XY graph.

thanx for insight or pointers to relevant examples (beyond those of VTK).

rob

Robert E. Parrott
Department of Physics
429 Lyman Laboratory