[vtkusers] Function Plots

Andy F. Miller aamiller at alumni.princeton.edu
Wed Jan 23 11:33:51 EST 2002

If you don't mind a standalone program (i.e. not integrated with VTK), GNUPLOT (http://www.gnuplot.vt.edu/) is very easy to use.

Andy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Christopher R. Volpe
  To: Vtkusers at Public. Kitware. Com (E-mail)
  Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 8:46 PM
  Subject: [vtkusers] Function Plots

  Is anyone using vtk to produce simple 2D function plots? I'm in need of
  doing some simple plotting, and if I can do it in vtk without a lot of
  wheel-reinventing, that would be great. (Conversely, if people have looked
  into this and decided that vtk is the wrong tool and found something better,
  I'd be interested to hear about it. Preferably something quick and dirty,
  not something expensive with a learning curve such as Matlab or
  Mathematica.) Thanks in advance.

  -Chris