[vtkusers] Time Optimization

Mallya, Yogish (CORP, GEITC) Yogish.Mallya at geind.ge.com
Tue Jan 22 09:17:58 EST 2002

Hi All,
	 In my application, I have a loop  that enables me to extract a
slice from the data set(one image at a time) and the extracted image is
passed through the connected component filter. I want to  limit the
processing to set of regions obtained from the connected component filter
instead of whole image for remaining filters inside the loop( time
optimization ) . I can access the  region information( rectangle bounding
box) from the connected component. Based on the bounding box parameter, i.e
Xmin,Xmax,Ymin and Ymax, I am setting the UpdateExtent for subsequent
filters. In this approach there two problem
1. I get the Error message "Update extent does not lie within whole extent"
2. process whole image( not desired ) + process regions (desired)

Question is "How to limit the processing only to bounding box regions
instead of processing the whole image ?"

Any Help appreciated,

> g  John F Welch Technology Centre
> Yogish Mallya
> Engineer - Clinical Application Group
> Imt
>
> GE India Technology Centre Pvt. Ltd.
> Survey No. 152, EPIP,
>  Hoodi Village, Whitefield Road,
> Bangalore - 560 066, India
> Phone:    +91 (80) 8412050 - 69 ext. 2165
> Fax:        +91 (80) 8412111
> Dialcomm: 9012165
>        E-mail:     Yogish.Mallya at geind.ge.com

"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE
ADDRESSEE and may contain confidential and privileged information.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this
communication is strictly Prohibited.
If you have received this message by error, please notify us
immediately, return the original mail to the sender and delete the
message from your system."