[vtkusers] Standard Views

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.ca
Mon Jan 21 15:54:20 EST 2002

Hi Julien,

The problem is not with vtkImageClip, it is with vtkImageViewer.
That is to say, the image is being clipped but the viewer draws
the lower-left corner at the image at window coordinates (xmin,ymin)
instead of at window coordinates (0,0) like you would expect.

This bug (feature?) of VTK has been around forever.  You can
use vtkImageTranslateExtent to translate the image extent by
(-xmin,-ymin,0) and this should fix the display problem.

 - David