[vtkusers] Shadows

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Thu Jan 17 17:18:34 EST 2002

I don't think the vtk renderer can do shadows... As far as I know, the vtk scenes rendered in the book were performed by exporting the scene in Renderman format (RIB, using vtkRIBExporter ) and importing that into the Blue Moon Rendering Tools (BMRT) to render the shadows. BMRT is a free raytracer available at http://www.exluna.com/products/bmrt/ . Win, Linux and SGI is supported

HTH,

Goodwin
University College Dublin