[vtkusers] Mac OS X port?

Yves Starreveld ystarrev at uwo.ca
Wed Jan 16 20:12:30 EST 2002

Hi, James,

It works pretty well on osx from C++, Python and tcl.

Problems currently: tkinter does not work, so more complex UI things are
out. Tcl and Tk on OSX are in a state of flux, and I don't think
building of extensions works properly yet.

Also, keyboard events are not being trapped by the
renderwindowinteractor, and text is not working right.

Anyone who wishes to add these things is heartily encouraged to do so.

You need the latest CMake and VTK from cvs.

Set CMakeCache.txt to shared, and specify -framework Cocoa -framework
OpenGL for the OpenGL Library location, and all should build fine. Copy
the libs to your /usr/local/lib or add your bin directory to the
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, and all should work.

Yves