[vtkusers] Questions on shortest path/digital curve

Chen, Elvis anisotropic7 at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 16 09:53:57 EST 2002

greetings,

I need to compute the shortest path (and the length of
it) between 2 vertices on a mesh.  The shortest path
can be the shortest-edge-path, or the
shortest-geodesic-path (better).  The mesh I will be
working on is fairly dense, so I suspect that the
shortest-edge-path would provide good answer.

Does VTK implement such function?  If not, I'm
thinking of implementing Dijkstra's algorithm, but
this would involving converting VTK mesh into a
weighted graph first (where the weight is the distance
between 2 adjacent vertices).

any suggestion is very much appreciated,

Elvis