[vtkusers] Problem VTK4 + python 2.2

Emmanuel Olart olart at theralys.com
Mon Jan 14 05:29:23 EST 2002

Hi again

I though it worked but I just tried to redo the whole thing with RPMs
for Python 2.2 and wcPython, i then recompile VTK4 against these
versions and i then got back to the same problem ..

When i print the type of data , vtk answers vtkobject :

/Python 2.2 (#1, Dec 23 2001, 09:30:32) //
//[GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)] on linux2//
//Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.//
//>>> from vtkpython import *//
//>>> data=vtkImageData()//
//>>> reslice=vtkImageReslice()//
//>>> reslice.SetInput(data)//
//Traceback (most recent call last)://
//  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?//
//ValueError: method requires a VTK object//
//>>> print type(data)//
//<type 'vtkobject'>//
/
I really can t understand this...