[vtkusers] Creating the local directory vtkMy

David Netherway david.netherway at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jan 7 21:57:18 EST 2002

Hello Sebastien,

I have tried to build vtkMy but have the following link error:

--------------------Configuration: vtkmyEx1 - Win32
Debug--------------------
Linking...
vtkmyUnsorted.lib(vtkBar2.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"protected: virtual void __thiscall vtkBar2::CollectRevisions(class ostream
&)" (?CollectRevisions at vtkBar2@@MAEXAAVostream@@@Z)
vtkmyImaging.lib(vtkImageFoo.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall
vtkImageFoo::CollectRevisions(class ostream &)"
(?CollectRevisions at vtkImageFoo@@MAEXAAVostream@@@Z)
vtkmyCommon.lib(vtkBar.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"protected: virtual void __thiscall vtkBar::CollectRevisions(class ostream
&)" (?CollectRevisions at vtkBar@@MAEXAAVostream@@@Z)
E:/Program Files/vtkMyBin/bin/Debug/vtkmyEx1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3
unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

ALL_BUILD - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
-----------

In the "Program Files" directory I have the source folder "VTK" and the
built vtk in the "vtkbin" folder. The build was with "BUILD_SHARED_LIBS"
off. The VTK directory was downloaded yesterday using CVS and built.

The steps I followed were:
1. copied the vtkMy directory into the  "Program Files" directory and
removed all of the CVS folders in the subdirectories.

2. Started CMake. See attached image for CMake parameters.

3. Built using VTKMY.dsw.  This gave the above linking error.

Any thoughts as to what I have left out.

Thanks, David