[vtkusers] PrintSelf on windows platform

Steve Boyd boyd at biomed.ee.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 4 10:05:13 EST 2002

Hello,

I have in the past been developing on a Solaris platform and often used
the following 'cout' line to get information about an object (e.g.):

vtkMarchingCubes *mycubes = vtkMarchingCubes::New();
   mycubes->Set a bunch of stuff...
   mycubes->Update();
   cout << "mycubes is: " << *mycubes << endl;  // outputs information
about the object to std output.

This seemed to work fine and gives me lots of information about my
object (by PrintSelf) in standard output. But, now on the windows
environment when I try to do this I only get the following in standard
output:

>> mycubes is: vtkMarchingCubes (

Is there something I'm doing wrong and have been getting away with on
the Solaris, but not the Windows environment.  Is this the correct way
to use the PrintSelf() method?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Steve