[vtkusers] vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter problem

Johnny Norris jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 28 17:40:12 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm using VTK 4.0 (not a nightly release), and I've got a pipeline like the
following:
             vtkGeometryFilter
Reader ->           OR            -> Mapper -> etc etc
          vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter

With vtkGeometryFilter, everything works fine, all of the time.  With
vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter, everything works until I modify the reader.  Then
the rendered surface is solid grey (it should be colored with a color table).

Sorry if this has already been fixed in the nightly release.

Thanks,
John

P.S.  vtkDataSetSurfaceFilter is MUCH faster than vtkGeometryFilter for
my unstructured grids.  Many thanks to whoever wrote it!?
--
John Norris
Research Programmer