[vtkusers] Speeding C++ Link time

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Thu Feb 28 12:11:06 EST 2002

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to speed up the linking phase of my compiling
with VTK 3.2 under IRIX 6.5.  I have compiled VTK as shared libraries, but
I still have to wait a couple of minutes just to link a very simple demo
program.  VTK is shared on an NFS drive, but even when it's local, there
is still a significant amount of time just to link against VTKCommon and
VTKGraphics.  Any thoughts on methods to speed the linking so I don't have
to wait five minutes for linking the executable?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Scharver