[vtkusers] Help writing a vtkStructurePointsSource subclass

Kevin Teich kteich at cortechs.net
Wed Feb 27 00:00:47 EST 2002

[Lisa]
> In the execute method you must set the extent of the output - that is how
> big the data really is (whole extent is how big the whole thing is (but only
> a piece may be in memory).

You mean with a call to SetUpdateExtent()?

> Also, why do you have a local ImageData - why not just use the output
> directly?

I want this to be an editable volume. Its initial data comes from a file.
I create a local copy of the file image data so I can modify it with a
SetValue() function. This MutableStructuredPointsSource object because a
source that can be changed and propogate the changes through the pipeline,
as opposed to other Sources I've seen which just generate data from a
function or read it from a file.

--
Kevin Teich